Sunday 22 December 2013

The Alphabet in Books - W

W is for The Woman Who Went to bed for a Year

The Woman Who Went To Bed For A Year
Sue Townsend
Penguin 13/9/2012
4/5
Found in housemate's giving away bag

I loved this book, it wasn't an easy read though. I struggled with the story progression, there was a climax problem with the plot. It was a really interesting concept though. An insight into the weird psychology of an under appreciated mother.
Things kept taking more and more bizarre turns in the people surrounding the protagonist. Eventually though she needed someone to come and rescue her, white knight style, which bothered me a little. I couldn't decide what I thought about the concept, 'Just get up', but when the doctor's argued with her I was on her side.
It was very cleverly written and one I would definitely recommend to people of sound mind; it occurred to me to follow suit but I am alone with no one to bring me food. *note to self, make sure to have a family and support system before doing something mad.*

No comments:

Post a Comment