Sunday 15 December 2013

The Alphabet in Books - P

P is for Pride and Prejudice

OF COURSE!

Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen
T.Eggerton, Whitehall 28/1/1813
5/5
Borrowed from Mummy's library

I took this book from Turkey for the plane ride home. I LOVED it. amazingly, having grown up watching pride and prejudice 1992 TV series on VHS round and round until we didn't know the colours of the dresses, I never actually read the book.
This is part of my classics initiative. Now that I'm not working in publishers, I have less access to new releases so I am focusing on some of the classics that I SHOULD read. Anyway, Pride and Prejudice lived up to everything that I wanted it to be. I loved reading the original characters and felt them evolving and changing in my brain.
I will say though, that it was easier to read because I already had the tone of the TV series in my mind, and so it was much easier for me to follow than I think it would be if I wasn't so familiar with the narrative already.

No comments:

Post a Comment