Thursday 12 November 2015

Job Jealousy

A few months ago I wrote a post about whether I had sold my soul for a pay check. Although I am happy in my job, I think that it is probably true. For the benefits of some job security in my life, I have taken on a position which is not my dream job and I remain on the stepping stones towards my future career without actually having arrived.

I know that the road ahead is long before I can say I am truly happy in my position and I don't think it will be at this company, although my current job does afford me many positive things.

It is difficult not to feel jealous of those who have worked hard and deservedly gained the positions that I have been dreaming of. Everyone's career is difficult but as more and more of my class mates eventually find a footing in the correct industry, I am reminded again and again how much I would like to have their job instead of mine.

I'm not sure what to do about this feeling. I think all I can do is be happy for those people who one day I might hope to call my colleagues. It's really hard not to fall into a pit of despair about your job. I think I have to try and appreciate what I've got while still balancing the ambition to move on.

Anyone else suffer from Job Jealousy?

No comments:

Post a Comment