Friday 26 June 2015

The Struggle

Today is Thursday, which means I should have a blog post...

Unfortunately I have zero inspiration to write. I tell younger writers to write anyway, even if it is writing about not writing. Well, I'm definitely not writing and I am barely reading. I do still read when I can, on the tube, in the mornings on lazy days.

I don't think I've lost the love of reading, but maybe I miss talking about books more. I don't really have anyone to talk to about reading anymore, maybe I need to join a book club.

My visions of a book club doesn't actually exist like I think it does though. I envision the kind of bookclub that my grandmother is part of, which I think is part of the WI or something. I want to sit down with a group of people read a book and come back next week to discuss it. How do you join a book club now? There are so many that are run online and though book shops but there is no actual meet up, you have to remember to log in and post your comments.

It's less of a discussion when you can change each others minds than just a circle jerk of opinions broadcasted over twitter or in the comment sections. If I wanted your review I'd go to Amazon!

Anyway, I want to talk about books more and be inspired to read more, get recommendations, lend books with people etc. Where are these people in my life?? I'll tell you where, they're English graduates who are living without books and working their jobs.

Book loving is something that I have to work at now, it's something I don't want to lose and it's up to me to keep looking for new books and keep being interested in making times to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment