Thursday 11 December 2014

How To Read A Book Lover's Christmas List 2014

A helping hand for friends and family who are thinking about what to get their book loving friends for Christmas. (This includes me by the way, I will be sending this link to my family...)

Most of my Christmas lists look like this:

- A Book.
- That series of books I like.
- That new book by that author.
- A collection of classic books.
- If you're still stuck for ideas, perhaps a nice book.

I can see that this could be confusing and difficult to interpret for other people, but here is the interpreted Christmas list for a book lover in 2014.

- A Book.

This year the book at the top of my list is The Minaturist by Jessie Burton. It has been a lined with The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, so it would be a great gift for any reader who tackled THT at school.





- That series of books I like.

A little tougher, if you cant remember anything that they have read. Also can come in a little pricy to buy a whole series. If you don't want to turn detective every time you see their bookshelves, I'd go for something simple. One of the things on my list is a cover for my Kindle a trendy designer one that reflects my personality. That way they can enjoy their favourite books and still love your gift every day. 



-That new book by that author. 

Approach with caution. For a real book lover, chances are they already have every new release for the past 6 months. check out the pre-orders section of amazon and pre-order for January. That way they get the gift twice! In the mean time, combine their love of books with their inevitable love of hot beverages and get this mug: 


- A collection of classic books

Something I have learnt this year is that even if you have read them all a thousand times, nothing beats having a new suped-up edition of your favourite classic. 



If you're determined not to buy a book try one of these gadgets for book lovers







No comments:

Post a Comment